Education is one of the most powerful tools we have to shape our future, and obtaining a degree from a reputable institution like Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) is the first step in that journey. However, higher education often comes with a hefty price tag. Fortunately, IWU offers a variety of scholarships to help make your dreams a reality. In this blog post, we’ll explore the types of scholarships available at IWU, the eligibility criteria, and the application process to ensure you make the most of these opportunities!
Types of Scholarships at Indiana Wesleyan University
There are several types of scholarships offered by IWU to help students with their financial needs. These scholarships are categorized into three main groups:
1. Merit-Based Scholarships
2. Need-Based Scholarships
3. External Scholarships
Merit-based scholarships at IWU are awarded to students based on their academic achievements, leadership qualities, and extracurricular involvement. Some popular merit-based scholarships at IWU include:
– Presidential Scholarship: This prestigious scholarship covers full tuition for four years and is awarded to a select group of incoming freshmen who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and leadership skills.
– Dean’s Scholarship: This scholarship provides up to $16,000 per year for students who have a high school GPA of 3.5 or above and meet other eligibility criteria.
– Trustee’s Scholarship: This award offers up to $14,000 per year for students with a high school GPA of 3.0 or above and who meet other eligibility requirements.
Need-based scholarships are designed to provide financial assistance to students who demonstrate financial need. These scholarships are typically awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and require completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some popular need-based scholarships at IWU include:
– IWU Grant: This grant is awarded to students who demonstrate financial need and have a satisfactory academic record. The grant amount varies depending on the student’s financial situation and enrollment status.
– Indiana Higher Education Grant: This state-funded grant is available to Indiana residents who demonstrate financial need and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
In addition to scholarships offered directly by IWU, there are numerous external scholarships available to students. Some popular external scholarships for IWU students include:
– United Methodist Church Scholarships: These scholarships are available to students who are active members of the United Methodist Church and meet other eligibility criteria.
– Indiana Conference of The United Methodist Church Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to Indiana residents who are pursuing a degree in Christian ministry or a related field.
Eligibility Criteria and Application Process
Eligibility criteria for scholarships at IWU vary depending on the type of scholarship. However, some common eligibility requirements include:
– Enrollment in a degree program at IWU
– Maintenance of satisfactory academic progress
– Meeting specific GPA requirements
– Demonstrating financial need (for need-based scholarships)
The application process for IWU scholarships typically involves the following steps:
1. Complete the IWU Application for Admission: Submit your application for admission to Indiana Wesleyan University to be considered for merit-based scholarships.
2. Complete the FAFSA: Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for need-based scholarships. Be sure to include IWU’s federal school code (001822) on your FAFSA.
3. Research and Apply for External Scholarships: Explore and apply for external scholarships that you may be eligible for. Be sure to pay